What is the cost of my BeKind PetFind Registration?
Your pet is protected for life! Lifetime membership in the BeKind PetFind National Pet Registry is only $24.95 for the first pet, then every additional pet registered at the same address is only $14.95 per pet. NO annual fees! NO renewal fees—ever!
What types of IDs can I register?
We are the ONLY National Pet Registry to register every type of pet ID! Microchips, rabies tag number, license numbers, tattoos, and bird bands too!
What is included with my Registration?
Membership in the BeKind PetFind Registry Includes:
- Peace of mind. We are the industry leader. The original Pet Registry Network since 1987!
- 24-hour protection on BeKind PetFind’s Nationwide Database and Recovery Hotline for as long as you own your pet.
- Brass Collar Tag Included at no additional charge, individualized and shipped to your home! Your pet is issued their own BeKind PetFind collar tag with our toll free recovery hotline and their unique BeKind PetFind number on a spiffy brass collar tag. Your pet’s number is recorded in our database and cross-referenced with all of their identification, vital information and contacts. This expedites the return of your lost pet!
- BeKind PetFind is a partner of the AAHA Microchip Lookup Tool. When you register your pet’s microchip on BeKind PetFind, your pet is automatically registered in the AAHA Microchip Lookup Tool — double protection!
- Individual Pet Portal containing each pet’s permanent record. Update information, make changes anytime at no additional charge.
- Speak directly to a kind human 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year!
- When you report your lost pet, we get to work and cross reference all major pet registries immediately.
- INSTANTLY generate a Personalized Lost Pet Poster with your pet’s photo, unique QR code with your information, and tear tabs with your phone number!
- Circle of Trust Alerts. We contact your Circle of Trust INSTANTLY by text and email as soon as your pet is lost.
- Launch a Social Media Campaign to friends and family to help in the search, directly through your Pet Portal.
- Partner of the AAHA National Database.
- We’re located in the USA.
What is my Circle of Trust?
Your Circle of Trust is up to three people whom you designate as your support, local friends, family, neighbors. When you report your pet lost, we will INSTANTLY alert your Circle of Trust by text and email, so they can be aware and act accordingly. We’ll also share the good news by text and email when your furry friend has been safely recovered.
If we can’t reach you when your pet is found by a kind human, we will contact one of the designated people in your Circle of Trust so your pet can be safely returned to them.
Don’t forget to keep your Circle of Trust current at all times in your Pet Portal!
What happens after I register?
We will immediately register your pet’s microchip in two national databases: BeKind PetFind and the AAHA Universal Pet Microchip Lookup Tool. We also register all other forms of identification your pet has in the BeKind PetFind National Database.
We will be available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day to help you locate your lost pet.
We will ship your pet’s individualized brass collar tag to your home at no additional cost to you.
Is there any fee for changing my information in the database?
Never. Unlimited information changes may be made at no charge for as long as you own your pet. If you sell or give your pet to someone else, the new pet parent will need to register with BeKind PetFind and pay a discounted registration fee.
What if my pet loses their brass collar tag?
No worries! You can order a replacement tag for $10, including shipping, at the bottom of the page. We will ship it to you right away at no additional charge.
Can I register by phone or mail instead of online?
Sure! To register by phone just call us at 1-800-Info-PET (800-463-6738).
It’s free (some registries charge $4.95)!
To download a registration form click here.
How do I transfer ownership of my pet?
It’s easy to transfer your pet to a new pet parent. This process is ONLY to change ownership of the pet — to change the name and contact information of the Pet Parent in the BeKind PetFind database.
We require a Transfer of Ownership Form signed by both the current pet parent and the new pet parent to verify the transfer. The new pet parent will need to pay a discounted registration fee of $19.95.
To make any other changes to your pet’s record, there is no charge.
To learn more about transferring a pet click here.
Lost & Found Pets
What should I do if my pet is lost?
Don’t feel helpless! Take immediate action to help increase the chances of your pet returning home safely.
- Login to your BeKind PetFind account and verify that all of the information in your Pet Parent Dashboard and Pet Portal is current and correct.
- Alert us in your Pet Portal that your pet is lost.
- We will instantly send out text messages and emails to your Circle of Trust (up to 3 emergency contacts), alerting them that your pet is lost.
- If requested, we will send an Email Alert to your pet’s veterinarian informing them that your pet is lost.
- Go to your Pet Portal to create a Lost Pet Poster and and launch your Social Media Campaign.
- Call us at 1-800-Info-PET (800-463-6738) to report your pet as lost, we are here for guidance and support.
- We will contact you by phone, text, and email as soon as we are notified that your pet has been found.
For a more detailed game plan, click here.
What should I do if I find a lost pet?
The short answer…
The first thing you should do is evaluate the situation for safety. A scared, injured or sick pet may behave unpredictably. Any sudden moves may scare the animal, causing her to run into traffic or even attack you. If the animal looks or acts threatening, or if you feel uneasy, stay away and inform your local animal control.
If the pet is approachable, use caution and common sense. Speak in a soothing voice, and reassure him. Make sure the animal can see you at all times as you approach, and entice her to come to you by offering a piece of food or a treat, and some water.
If you’re able to approach and secure the animal, check for a collar tag with the pet parent’s phone number. If the pet is wearing one, that’s awesome! Simply contact the pet parent. They will be forever grateful! If the pet is not wearing any ID tags and does not have a tattoo, take him to a nearby shelter, humane society, or veterinarian and have her scanned for a microchip.
If the pet is microchipped, call us at 1-800-Info-PET (800-463-6738). We will do our best to find the pet parent as quickly as possible.
How is my pet identified and returned to me?
If your lost pet is found by a kind human and your pet is wearing its individualized brass collar tag, the kind human calls 1-800-Info-Pet and will speak to another kind human at BeKind PetFind’s National Recovery Hotline at any time—night or day. BeKind PetFind then calls with the good news that your pet has been found and whom to contact to be reunited with your pet.
What if my pet is found by a kind human who doesn't have access to a microchip scanner?
Your pet’s individualized brass collar tag has a unique BeKind PetFind Registry Number and BeKind PetFind’s toll-free phone number engraved on it. All the kind human has to do is call BeKind PetFind and we’ll take care of reuniting you with your lost pet.
What if my pet isn't wearing its individualized brass collar tag when found by a kind human?
When the individual takes your lost pet to their local humane society, animal shelter, or veterinary clinic, your pet is scanned with a microchip reader and BeKind PetFind receives a phone call, quickly reuniting you with your pet.
What is the QR code on my Lost Pet Poster?
The QR code (abbreviated from Quick Response Code) on your Lost Pet Poster allows anyone to quickly scan the information on your poster and save it in their phone and easily send it to others by text or email with a bar code scanning app.
So, what is a microchip?
Microchips are the high-tech solution to animal identification. About the size of a grain of rice, the microchip contains a coded number and is encased in a biologically inert substance so it can remain under the skin for a lifetime. Microchips do not transmit information, they are NOT GPS trackers. They cannot determine your pet’s location. They MUST be registered to work!
Microchips cannot be lost, changed, or removed.
What types of microchips can be registered?
All microchips! We are a universal registry and accept every microchip under the sun.
What if I don’t register my pet’s microchip?
If you don’t register your pet’s microchip, no one will be able to find you or your pet. Your pet’s microchip carries a unique identification code that is linked to your contact information and your pet’s medical information. THAT INFORMATION IS ONLY ACCESSIBLE IF YOUR PET IS REGISTERED in a Pet Recovery System like BeKind PetFind.
What is the AAHA Microchip Lookup Tool?
Established in 1933, The American Animal Hospital Association is the only organization to accredit companion veterinary hospitals.
The AAHA Universal Pet Microchip Lookup Tool is a search engine that combines the databases of partner registries into one database.
This expedites microchip tracking by immediately finding a list of all the registries with microchip registration information available for the lost pet.
BeKind PetFind is a partner of the AAHA Microchip Lookup Tool.
When you register your pet’s microchip on BeKind PetFind, your pet is automatically registered in the AAHA Microchip Lookup Tool—double protection!
How does the BeKind PetFind Microchip Recovery System work?
When your lost pet is found by a kind human and taken to a humane society, animal shelter, or veterinarian, it is scanned with an electronic microchip reader that displays your pet’s unique code that is permanently stored in the microchip.
The scanning center then calls BeKind PetFind’s National Recovery Hotline at any time—night or day. Your name, address, and phone numbers are located in the registry database. BeKind PetFind then calls you to tell you that your pet has been found and who to contact to be reunited with your best friend!
I thought you could locate my pet with the microchip?
Your pet’s microchip is NOT a GPS, it CANNOT locate your lost pet. It is a common misunderstanding that a microchip works like a GPS tracker and is able to find a pet’s location if she becomes lost. It is not a tracker. It cannot locate your lost pet. It is simply a number. The microchip carries a unique identification code that is linked to your contact information and your pet’s medical information. THAT INFORMATION IS ONLY ACCESSIBLE IF YOUR PET IS REGISTERED in a Pet Recovery System like BeKind PetFind.
How does BeKind PetFind give back to pets and the community?
How can my favorite animal shelter raise funds through BeKind PetFind?
Great Question! We are thrilled to share the love and give 20% back to referring shelters. To sign up click here.
What types of charities does BeKind PetFind donate to?
We donate to animal charities including food pantries, no-kill animal rescue and adoption organizations, charities that work to end animal cruelty and suffering, those that provide trained service dogs for independent living, advocacy initiatives and many more.
How can I nominate a charity for donations?
We’d love to hear your suggestions! Send us an email at giving@BeKindPetfind.com with your charity.
Be sure to do your part and let us know what shelter referred you and browse our shopping pages for cool animal stuff.